Note: You might need the help of a technical person aware of Opencart for this.
For integrating Browntape with your Opencart site, you will need to install an Opencart extension that we have published. Please download the zip file of the extension from the link below.
Version 2.x.x - btopencart-2_x_x.zip
version 1.x.x - btopencart-1_x_x.zip
Steps to add the Browntape extension to OpenCart:
1. Upload the extension file, btopencart.zip, to the root directory of your opencart site using FTP or other. Make sure that you are on the root directory of your Opencart installation. The directory structure there should look something like this.
admin/ controller/ model/ view/ language/ catalog/ controller/ model/ view/ language/
2. Unzip the extension file btopencart.zip here. This will ensure that the right files are placed in the right locations.
3. Make sure that the following five files are available.
admin/ controller/feed/browntape.php model/browntape/generator.php language/english/feed/browntape.php view/template/feed/browntape.tpl catalog/ controller/browntape/order.php model/browntape/order.php
4. Now, login to your Opencart backend panel and head to Extensions > Product Feed > Browntape API settings > Edit.
Steps to Connect your Opencart Channel to Browntape
1. Click on the "Channels" icon in the right bar, scroll down to "Add Channel" section. Click on the "Add this" button under Opencart.
1.a. Version 2.x.x
1.b. Version 1.x.x
2. In the popup that appears, fill in the appropriate details regarding your channel
|Custom Title||Any name that you want to give to this channel.|
|Your Opencart API Username||The username that you use to login to your Opencart backend panel|
|Your Store URL||The URL of your store, also specified as "Base URL" file in Opencart (Extensions > Product Feed > Browntape API settings)|
|Your Opencart API key||Copy paste the "API key" from Browntape API Settings page from Opencart (Extensions > Product Feed > Browntape API settings)|
3. Click on the "Add Channel" button.