When you receive a new consignment from your vendor with new stock for multiple existing SKUs, you generally have to painstakingly increase the stock for each product in each marketplace you are selling on. But with Browntape, you can get this done within minutes.
Please note that this is not the same as stock adjustment. Adjustment should be made for mistakes and errors. But when you get new stock, record it with a consignment.
To add details on a new consignment, click on the consignment tab, and follow these steps:
- Enter supplier name and received date for your reference.
- In the products column, start typing the product name. Browntape will search your inventory and show you options. Click on the one you want to edit stock for.
- Key in the cost price of the product and the quantity received in the respective columns. Please note that Cost price is the original price you paid towards buying the product. This is a metric that will be used to calculate your profit at a later date.
- Once you have keyed in all the details, click on save consignment.
- Browntape will now automatically edit the necessary details across marketplaces.
Alternatively, you can also upload bulk changes with a CSV by clicking on Upload from CSV tab.
- Use the following CSV format. A blank template can be downloaded here.
- Upload the CSV file and Browntape will make the necessary changes across marketplaces for you.